View Single Post
      12-22-2009, 09:54 PM   #1
Nk235
Private
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i

Clutch or Tranny issue?

I have a 2007 6spd manual 335i coupe with 33k miles (i'v owned it since 28k miles)

Recently I have been experiencing rough first gear starts from a dead stop. I'll give it some gas slowly let the clutch out properly and I can feel a jerking motion almost as if someone who is new to driving stick is at the controls. I even try giving more gas than I need to and take special care to let the clutch out extra smooth but still get these rough starts.

Is this a sign that the clutch is wearing or is this a problem with the actual tranny? I figured I would wait before I bring it in for service to see if it gets worse or not. Also it isn't too noticeable but for someone who drives a manual version of these cars you will notice it especially since the tranny on the BMW is usually so smooth. But I worry that the SA wont notice anything in a test drive as it is only a slight issue right now. So I would appreciate any suggestions on what this may be and possible courses of action (ex. don't know if they can check the clutch wear externally?)

Thanks in advance
Nick
Appreciate 0