View Single Post
      01-18-2011, 02:42 AM   #21
doughboy
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2018 M2 Comp 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEGA View Post
The thing I really need to know... Is any idea on the servicing costs when compared with my 320d? It's tough to draw a direct comparison I guess. Think the turbo configurations are different in the new 1 series m? sorry if any of my info is wrong. I'm just starting to look into it.

There's the running in service.. Other than that: Are we talking M3 level 1k a pop services or 300-400 a year a la the 320? (Wear and tear components such as breaks/tyres not withstanding.. )
Fair play!

BMW must be able to give you an estimated service cost / schedule. All manufacturers make them for lease companies. How many miles are you planning?

I don't think it would need a running in service? Its just the current 335i engine with a mild tweak, not a super spec M V8.

Maybe as it has the M3 rear diff, that will need a short oil change to remove the running in fluid? But not the engine for sure.

The x35i engine servicing costs are no different from any other 3 series really, oil etc every 15k plus the usual filters etc.

If i'd followed specified intervals, I'd have had one oil & filter & microfilter change in 22 months and 24k miles, so about £200 all in, in nearly 2 years. That's it.

Last edited by doughboy; 01-18-2011 at 03:00 AM..
Appreciate 0