View Single Post
      01-20-2024, 03:25 PM   #461
Serf27
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmermech123 View Post
Hello all, I recently installed the factory alarm hardware in my E90 and would like to activate the alarm via Protool. I have already done much coding to my E90, including angel eyes and folding mirrors. So my 2 questions are this:

1. Does anybody know whether the vehicle order $302 or +K302 will need to be added to activate the alarm (or both)?

2. Would I be able to make a backup of my CAS, FRM and KOMBI, modify the vehicle order (which would default these modules), and then upload the backups to the corresponding modules to retain the coding I have already done? I know this sounds like I'm being lazy, but I'd rather not have to code certain things like oil temperature again.
I have read that alarm coding is not needed for the red flashing light.
It would be best to code it.

A backup written over a default coded module with a new VO will erase the VO settings.
When the new VO is added, the module reverts to factory options and anything you’ve coded is gone.
When you write your back ups over the modules with new VOs, it will erase whatever options the new VO has, so no you cannot do that.

What you can do is look up what needs to be coded in each module and manually code it. Instead of clicking “save to CAS and FRM”, click no (or whatever the app says and manually code settings in each module for the alarm VO.
Appreciate 1