10-20-2009, 04:54 AM   #51
gucci22
Private First Class
Iraq
Rep
Drives: '21 F87 M2C 6MT

Addendum & Thanks

All-

Thanks for the valuable info; I have not heard of some of those vendors but will check them out when I return if/when need to.

Alright, here are my inputs:

20/20 Auto Detailing

These guys are fantastic. It's been a while since I've used them, but they do great work. They are pricey, but do offer various packages ranging from a basic service, to one that keeps your ride sparkling for 6 months, guaranteed (by them, not me).

Central Body & Paint

Spot on! My 3 got hit in a parking lot (right rear quarter panel) and BMW had me drop it off downtown, and they sent it to these guys. Pricey, but that's what insurance is for. I could not tell there had been any damage.

Terrence Ching

This is not to bash him, just give my .02 cents. In my process to purchase my M, I decided to call BMW Hono and got TC as my CA. Seems like a good dude and answered all of my questions, but when I tried getting into a bottom line, economy bad, that I'm saving 5k if I chose to go with Pentagon Military Sales, etc...he seemed to give me the company line; I'm purchasing an M, and folks doing that know the car, know you can't go below the set numbers, etc...so as I thought, I went with my original option.

Again, not that he was wrong, but maybe you had more wiggle room because you were getting a used one, vice new; not sure. But I felt he was a little too quick to jump, vice taking the 'let's see what I can offer you' approach.

Gooch
'05 G35 6MT | Silver/Black (SOLD)
'01 328ci Step | Blue/Beige (SOLD)
Appreciate 0