View Single Post
      02-10-2012, 08:53 PM   #1
OpenFlash
United_States
Rep
Drives: A Lot

Garage List
Exclamation Procede Fuel Control

There's a small group of folks out there who are trying very hard to convince others that only a flash can control fuel properly. I've never agreed with them because actual testing that I'VE ACTUALLY DONE suggested otherwise. We have spent the last 6 months developing the fuel control system on the Procede to outperform every other tuning device we have ever bench tested. This means the Procede isn't just programmed to provide consistent AFR targeting but also FAST targeting.

Today we put the Procede to the test with what is perhaps the biggest challenge any n54 tune has ever faced: A single turbo set-up making nearly 500whp on pump gas alone. First, here is a graph showing all our runs during the day. Roughly half where on 93oct pump gas alone. The rest were on 93+meth. At power levels ranging from 450whp to 525whp:

Earlier in the dyno session, we did a test to see how fast the Procede will target AFR post-shift. To do this, I did a 3rd to 4th gear pull (with a FAST shift) on the dyno running 17psi with NO METH. With dyno smoothing set to 0. I don't recommend running a nearly 480whp car in 3rd gear on the dyno (it gets a bit wiggly) but, in this case, it was in the name of science. Dynojet lambda meter was mounted in the tailpipe (not logged from factory lambda sensors)

As you can see, AFR targeting is immediate. No short-term lean spot post-shift. As you would expect AFR is even richer than normal during fast accel and dynamic load conditions.

I don't mean to present this info to be argumentative. Instead, I hope to be informative. We actually do spend a lot of out time developing and testing engine control systems. While it's a lot easier to play in the internet warrior game, it really doesn't get us anywhere.

my 2c,
Shiv
Appreciate 0