BIMMER_Tech 631
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 E92 335i TIAG

Garage List
2007 BMW 335i  [0.00]
Question About MULF2

Hey guys, so almost a year ago went to a forum member (Glachman) to have my MULF2 installed in my 08 e92 335i to add USB to my car. So i didn't watch every single step so until now i didn't know. Keep in mind I'm a mechanic.

Recently i was experiencing some static and loss of sound in the speakers to all but the passenger side door, when only using the AUX input. So i went over all the connections in the trunk, all seemed solid.

After removing the whole middle console (front and rear) i found possibly the worst wiring job I've ever seen. Apparently, glachman felt wrapping the wires around each other a coupe of times and adding a sloppy couple bands of electrical tape to it, he considered it done.

So basically the wire originally coming from the back of my radio to the AUX socket was cut by him, instead of just being removed,(LAZY) and he ran a wire from the mulf in the trunk to the aux socket, but the wire consisted of what i spoke of above "spliced" or in my opinion, twisted together with a socket to go into my AUX socket.

I tried salvaging it as best i could, i brought home some butt connectors from work and tried but it seems to still be a bad connection.

My question is, is there a complete wire anyone knows of, either aftermarket or OEM that would be able to reach from the MULF2 in the trunk to the socket in my armrest, I've spend hours looking on both realoem.com and ecstuning, but with no avail.

I would appreciate any help and caution people from using glachman to do any type of work on their car as it appears he does half ass work to make a quick $150.
Appreciate 0