03-02-2014, 01:55 PM   #30
kaede
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2008 E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotus99 View Post
Only problem is you lose a whole day, so once you figure out the cost of gas and driving 450 km's round trip, plus the time, makes you think about saving a few hundred. For those of us who work, anyway (I suppose it's different for a student).
+1, losing the whole day, approximately one whole tank of gas there and back ($70-80? depending if you gas here or states), exchange is at one of its all time highs for the past couple of years (around 1.12 when you do exchange at most major banks), and they USED to do it for $350 before tax, i believe its a touch bit more now, and WA tax is 10% or something). $700 tax in in canada is quite reasonable.

But then again, depends if you're gonna go for a states trip anyways, if you planned to go anyways then by all means take advantage of it, for myself, i dont like going to the states at all, the drive is quite boring, gotta avoid the rush hours (remember you gotta go EARLY so that they'll have enough time to get it done for the same day, which means you've gotta beat the morning traffic to Bellvue (so you gotta be there by like 7, past that, you'll be stuck in traffic for hours. So you;ve basically gotta leave Vancouver by 530 latest. I have done that once too late, the traffic is HORRID. I'll never want to do that ever again). I'll probably be calling Performance One soon xD Good Luck!
08' E90 M3 6MT - DD
13' W212 E63 AMG Wagon
Appreciate 0