View Single Post
      12-19-2016, 05:12 AM   #9
draganp
Rep
Drives: E39 528

Quote:
Originally Posted by thakid22 View Post
Just saw that you do have the tamper dot illuminated...

You've replaced the CAS. You say Inpa reports true milage in the DME. So I'd surmise your Kombi (instrument cluster) is the source of your problems.

Here's the catch, and someone correct me if I'm wrong, Kombi from another vehicle is not directly swapable. This also applies to the DME.
These two modules have lock timers that are triggered after xx minutes of operation. Past that point, they are no longer considered virgin and will not correctly
sync with the other modules in the car.

A new/virgin Kombi is likely the answer. Alternatively, I think a hack has been devised to restore old kombis to virgin status. It involves hooking up some tool (not inpa/rheingold/dis)
to the Kombi and erasing info on one of the chips. Search about BMW M5/m3 cluster swaps to get more info.
Just to explain:
- there is NO tamper dot on the (original) cluster
- temper dot shown only on the cluster from another car when we tried it for few seconds just to see what mileage will be shown
- nobody tried to hack anything...there is no reason for that at all!!!

So, all modules are original and there is NO tamper dot on the cluster with old or new CAS...just a wrong mileage.

Kombi/cluster from another E90 tried just to see what is gonna happen...it was for few secs.
Why that cluster shows wrong mileage too?
From which module it reads that mileage? If we install a brand new cluster/kombi, maybe that cluster will read that, the same, wrong mileage?

Last edited by draganp; 12-19-2016 at 05:18 AM..
Appreciate 0