Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 Bmw M340i M-Sport w/ VDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by draganp View Post
Just to explain:
- there is NO tamper dot on the (original) cluster
- temper dot shown only on the cluster from another car when we tried it for few seconds just to see what mileage will be shown
- nobody tried to hack anything...there is no reason for that at all!!!

So, all modules are original and there is NO tamper dot on the cluster with old or new CAS...just a wrong mileage.

Kombi/cluster from another E90 tried just to see what is gonna happen...it was for few secs.
Why that cluster shows wrong mileage too?
From which module it reads that mileage? If we install a brand new cluster/kombi, maybe that cluster will read that, the same, wrong mileage?
I didn't mean to imply that you tried to hack/roll back the odometer. I was just giving a little background info on the system.

In your particular case, it is obvious that a module has malfunctioned and is now reporting an erroneous mileage reading. To fix the problem, we first need to know which module is reading high (400k). For that, we need to read the data from each module. You seem to have verified the DME is reporting correctly. You also replaced CAS, so it should be fine. Kombi is remaining... But you swapped in a new used Kombi and still get 400k.

Strange that it, too, reads high. Something is reporting 400k to Kombi. Maybe the mileage is stored in additional modules we haven't covered, though I thought it was only in 3 places. Perhaps when you put the new CAS in with the original Kombi, it updated back too 400k. And when you swapped the trial Kombi in, it received the 400k reading from your new CAS, which got the reading from your original Kombi. I don't know,I'm just speculating now... I do know that Kombi will display the highest recorded mileage, info taken from the units it is stored in.

Can inpa read the mileage info from the Kombi, from the CAS????
Appreciate 0