View Single Post
      12-19-2016, 06:43 AM   #11
draganp
Rep
Drives: E39 528

Quote:
Originally Posted by thakid22 View Post
I didn't mean to imply that you tried to hack/roll back the odometer. I was just giving a little background info on the system.

In your particular case, it is obvious that a module has malfunctioned and is now reporting an erroneous mileage reading. To fix the problem, we first need to know which module is reading high (400k). For that, we need to read the data from each module. You seem to have verified the DME is reporting correctly. You also replaced CAS, so it should be fine. Kombi is remaining... But you swapped in a new used Kombi and still get 400k.

Strange that it, too, reads high. Something is reporting 400k to Kombi. Maybe the mileage is stored in additional modules we haven't covered, though I thought it was only in 3 places. Perhaps when you put the new CAS in with the original Kombi, it updated back too 400k. And when you swapped the trial Kombi in, it received the 400k reading from your new CAS, which got the reading from your original Kombi. I don't know,I'm just speculating now... I do know that Kombi will display the highest recorded mileage, info taken from the units it is stored in.

Can inpa read the mileage info from the Kombi, from the CAS????
I am thinking exact that way...If the wrong mileage is in the new CAS then if we install new cluster, the wrong mileage will be read from CAS, right?

We couldnt find a way to read mileage from the Kombi and CAS. Actually on the first screen you can see all car details including mileage, and that mileage is read from kombi. We tried it without kombi at all and there wasnt mileage, so the very first screen reads mileage from kombi. The mileage there is in kilometers, not in miles, so it shows more than 920k km
Appreciate 0