02-26-2020, 07:39 AM   #3253
Rmtt
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 128i, 2008 LS3 C6

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmyx6go View Post
I don't know where to put this so I'll put it here.

I pulled into a parking lot yesterday behind a 340 M sport. It was a really nice color blue, clean and and shiny. As I head towards my perfect end spot, I see the driver is doing the same. I park behind him. As we both exit our vehicles, I say "Love the color, what is it?" He looks at me like I have two heads and says Blue. No shit. I started to ask the name of the color but knew it was useless. The car gave me the impression he was an enthusiast. Are the demographics of the BMW driver changing or do we here the minority?
We are the minority. Most never know any of the specs about their car. I could tell you any option or features of any car I've owned, and can usually spot them on other people's rides with just a glance.

But most just see it as a way to get from point A to B. I want to enjoy my ride as you spend a lot of your time in a vehicle. I kind of look at it as my sanctuary as I've tried to condition myself that this is where I turn work off everyday as I'm leaving the parking lot!
MKSixer34184.50