View Single Post
      10-05-2010, 03:24 PM   #22
Jeff@TopGearSolutions
United_States
Rep
Drives: C6 Z06, 09 335i, 10 335xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by vasillalov View Post
Yes, it was YOU who kept telling people to "Get with the program!", right?

First off, my car is stock so no tune. This means I don't get ANY commission whatsoever. Perhaps you are getting commission from Shiv to post your annoyances?

Speaking of timing control, nothing, I repeat, nothing beats flash tunes. Everything else is just shenanigans and guess work...
I dont care what mods you have. Why would Shiv give me commission, I dont preach his tune. I dont preach anyones tune. Dont respond to this message, just stay on topic. Finally, for the record my relationship with Terry is just as solid as it is with Shiv if not better.

You got something to say off topic you PM, thats how this forum should work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiv@vishnu View Post
Nothing to do with cylinder-to-cylinder meth distribution. The formula for knock is simple and already satisfied by running higher than stock boost with stock ignition timing targets with an octane enhancement system (meth) that lags 0.5-1 second behind boost onset. It's simple basic tuning 101. Without the ability to limit timing advance during this period of exposure, you're gambling. This is fact.

Let's learn something from this instead of arguing.
I think this begs the question, instead of having boost reduced via failsafes, maybe we should consider complete ignition cut initially until the throttle TPS is 0%; consequently thereafter any throttle input after that should be lower boost until meth flow is returned.

(need more k pro)

Last edited by Jeff@TopGearSolutions; 10-05-2010 at 03:29 PM..
Appreciate 0