dxb335d
The Tarmac Terrorist
England
Rep
Drives: 997.2 GT3

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by E92Fan View Post
Hope you enjoy that bottle of wine too, you lucky sod... and whatever you do, don't waste it by using it for cooking it's bloody good!!!
Yes thank you very much for the wine Tony. You really are a gent. We should have all paid like 8 quid more to make it 50 quid and then the extra 8quid each could have gone towards the prizes. We can do that next time!

Carlos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotcoupe View Post
Great day (morning) out Guys,firstly thanks to Tony and James for organising it all.
Pleased with my result and as previously mentioned,I think the reason for the difference between Carlos' and mine BHP figure was due to his extra mileage, and the fact he probably never understood the concept of 'running in'.
I don't think the hole in my roof had anything to do with the difference by the way,if anything I was surprised,as I thought mine would be lighter

Top marks to James,his 335i was truely awesome,on the dyno and out on the road,very capable driver too,although there was a horrible smell in my car when I left,probably made worse by my heated seats!
I did change my trousers prior to our works evening do thankfully, and on that note my *ucking head hurts!

Hopefully Carlos and I will return to Marlow and redo the test, the results will be fascinating.
I have e-mailed BMW in Germany to ask if they coud send over my missing roof section,it's only fair the retest is done on a level playing field

Hi Ian,

was good to meet you mate!! Did you get my text?

I do understand the concept of running in really and have done it to several road cars, but couldnt be arsed with it.. Also used to have to run in my 100cc kart engines after a rebuild every 4 hours. That was a strict running in procedure!!

Se ya Tues!