View Single Post
      07-13-2015, 11:58 AM   #11
Kgolf31
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2007 Z4MC, 2012 128i

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAxiom View Post
Are you required to run that Tirerack banner?

Anyhow, can't it be argued that the 3 stage is pretty much standard equipment on the cars - the N51 has it, so does the 330i. I think I might have an issue with my Dinan Intake as well.

BTW, I've watched your videos - how do you get that overlay and telemetry information? (speed and throttle position)
Tirerack sponsors the SCCA, so it's required to run them at National Events. Same thing goes for the ProSolo and National Event stickers on the side and the SCCA sticker up front.

Doesn't matter, rules state as such. You'll be okay with the intake as long as it follows below:

Quote:
The air intake system up to, but not including, the engine inlet may be modified or replaced. The engine inlet is the throttle body, carburetor, compressor inlet, or intake manifold, whichever comes first. The existing structure of the car may not be modified for the passage of ducting from the air cleaner to the engine inlet. Holes may be drilled for mounting. Emissions or engine management components in the air intake system, such as a PCV valve or mass airflow sensor, may not be removed, modified, or replaced, and must retain their original function along the flow path.
The data is built off of SoloStorm:

http://www.petreldata.com/product/so...-android-v2-2/

It's an android app. I run it off of a Nexus 7 and external 10 hz GPS and a bluetooth OBDII
Appreciate 1