View Single Post
      06-03-2009, 09:18 PM   #7
ezcivic type r
Private
Rep
Drives: 335i

funny update. so the car kept throwing the reduced power code during hard acceleration. Well I scheduled an appointment with the dealer for this weekend, but I came home today and decided to check some things on the car. looked under the hood and everything seemed fine. checked the gas cap and same thing. used an OBD II scanner and nothing came up. I disconnected the battery for five minutes and plugged it back in. took the car for a spin and no more reduced power, BUT, I did get a "service engine soon" in the top part of the cluster. I thought it may be my microfilter that needs to be replaced. I scanned it and it gave me a P1515 code and said something about idling and auxiliary input. The idling seemed ok and I had something plugged into the auxiliary input in the car. I unplugged that. I dont know if thats the problem and if its fixed or not, but I went ahead and cleared the codes. I'm just happy that it doesnt reduce the power anymore. Still selling or trading it though. I just wanted everything to be running fine and no codes which it is right now, so tomorrow I will probably go get a trade in appraisal.