LilSilverBullet
Thailand
Rep
Drives: I6 NA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero_09 View Post
I got this new battery. it says 720 CCA
Also has 90 HR @ 20 AH

Does the 90 HR @ 20 AH means the same thing as 90 AH 720A?
I just got a new battery from dealer for my 2007 328xi (March 2007 built date).
The part number is 61 21 2 353 810. The one that comes with the car is the white one with part # 61 21 6 946 334. Both has 720A, 720CCA and 90Ah @ 20 Hr. The Amp (A) and Amp-hour (Ah) are measurements for two different things (Current vs. Electrical Charge). Basically both are specifications of your new battery.

My battery died after almost 7 years and during the freaking cold week in USA Mid-Atlantic! I decided to get a new battery from local dealership with CCA discount. The price is $208 + tax which I think I can do a lot better ordering from Tischer or similar online BMW part suppliers. However, we need to use the car this weekend and waiting for the new battery from online order is not an option. Better luck next time + better plan ahead (assuming I still have this car).

The DIY guide is a life-saver !! I spent 30 mins putting the new one in. Most time consuming part for me was to remove the old battery without damaging anything in the battery bay. The car starts right up with only 4WD & ASC error which went away after driving around for less than a mile.

I am hoping that I don't need to register the new battery since it is exactly the same spec as the old one and from reading this thread. Anyway, I might just order BT tool to register it for a peace of mind. I will drive it without registration for a few weeks to see if everything works fine first.

[Edited] I ended up buying BT tool enthusiast version. Very easy to register the new battery. I don't notice any difference compared to before the registration, just for the peace of mind. Extra benefit is that I can reset the adaptive transmission and throttle values without going through the method of holding throttle to the floor for xx seconds/minutes (which I couldn't say if I did correctly or not most of the time). Now it shifts more toward my driving style (instead of wife's stop-n-go)

Last edited by LilSilverBullet; 06-06-2014 at 10:02 AM..
Appreciate 0