07-23-2019, 08:59 PM   #16
cranelec
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbnks2 View Post
Looks like you did a ton of extra work lol. It's all a part of learning though. First time pulling the engine took me like 8 hours. I can do it in 2.5 now. You really didn't need to remove most of what you did.
Mr. Bbnks2...this is what happens when forum members heed your advice! While waiting six months to start "wrenching" on my car, I read newtis.info till my eyes bled along with watching every "N55/N54 'How to swap BMW engines' videos I found. (btw: great advice!)
I was stunned by my own BMW ignorance. It took me seven days to get this far...(there is no greater teacher than experience). I even taught myself how to make a bubble flair!
FYI: There's more going on than meets the eye:
Orteeze BBK(taken from an F series M3 including M3 Master Cylinder); Custom ProMeth/Ken Atkinson Isopropanol/Methanol Manifold Injection Kit; a heated Sport Steering Wheel with Paddle Shifters; and maybe a performance exhaust.
So, I say "Thank You" to you, Weehee, Pladi, Orteeze, Turbod, feuer, DiffV and other forum members who have earned my respect through their keystrokes. Without forum members like these offering their encouragement, their guidance, and their confidence in my abilities, this act of automotive financial stupidity would not be possible!
And now "A BETTER PERSPECTIVE"
Attached Images

Appreciate 3
Pladi718.00
DiFFv189.50
feuer4275.50