View Single Post
      01-24-2021, 08:05 PM   #598
InnerBlueSkies
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2008 E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by reggiefu View Post
I installed something similar to this. Im assuming its a knock off but it works fine for what i need (carplay/android auto) and it was only $300!

https://www.wakaa.us/product/8-8-wir...8aArApEALw_wcB

The problem im having is getting the backup camera to work. For some reason im getting zero signal. I did use a relay. 30 to battery. 87 to power camera. 86 to blu/blk wire off passenger trunk tailight. 85 to brown ground off trunk taillight. Also the ground for the camera is tapped into the brown ground wire for taillights but not close to the taillights. And the video rca ran to the headunit wire labeled ccd_cvbs. And im getting nothing.

I have also tried connecting the red wire (tail)off the rca ( headunit side) to a wire labeled "campower" but nothing as well. Then i tried running a wire tapped into the signal/trigger wire (blu/blk on taillight plug) to the front along the rca and tried it with both the "campower" wire from unit. And to the red wire coming from the rca. And still nothing. Any help would be appreciated. I have been searching for 3 days. Here and other forums. Ive compared notes watched videos. Ill post pictures when i can.

Oh BTW my car is a 2011 328xi manual None idrive. None PDC. Base.
May not be the answer you want to hear but I would disconnect and reconnect everything. I say this because I ran into the same issue. I would also double check for connectivity if you used T-Tap Wire Connectors.
Appreciate 0