View Single Post
      12-19-2005, 09:54 PM   #74
Gantra
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: '06 330i

Another Christmas Delivery

I got mine on Friday December 16th. The very next day i washed it and got a coat of Zaino on it. It is like a mirror now. Magnifico!

Anyway, i got it really loaded. The only option i think would have been nice that i didn't get was the Active Cruise. The LA traffic got really annoying, even with my Step.

I LOVE the car and after having had many second thoughts about the color after ordering, i now really feel good about it. To me, it can look many different ways. It is a kind of muted mix of dark reds, browns and a touch of purple. It is not unlike other such colors on other BMW models as well as other makes. The main thing is that it is only mildly red. There are other cars out there with this sort of color that are much more cherry red. This is not that color. It is a muted and earthy red.

Lighting conditions influence the color, so it can be deceptive at times. It certainly never looks fully brown, but there is a hint of brown. If you are one who thinks it look fully brown, i'd put a brown car beside it to see the difference. There certainly is one.

I got the Terra leather interior color and it kicks ass. IMO, it's the best interior color for the Barrique Red exterior.

I also got Carbon 35 tint all around. Again, it really amps up the sophistication of the car. It's not too dark but it gives some privacy and it cuts out the harmful radiation so you save your skin and the leather as well.

In general, i feel very Neiman Marcus driving this car with this color. And i won't be just one of the nameless multitudes with graphite, silver or black -- not that these colors aren't nice or anything.....

:rocks:

Cheers and Happy Holidays!
Attached Images

Last edited by Gantra; 12-19-2005 at 10:14 PM..
Appreciate 0