View Single Post
      12-21-2005, 01:20 PM   #87
bearfoot
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: e46 320i +soon: e90 325i M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gantra
I understand where you are coming from. Color choice is always tough and picking an unusual color is even harder. There are always downsides to every color. I've settled down and am comfortable with the downsides to this color. When i ordered the car and chose this color, i had alot of doubts. But every time i saw it at the dealer, i liked the color. But every time i left the dealer and started looking at various photos on the websites, i'd develop doubts. It drove me crazy for awhile. But i knew I liked it when I was standing by the real thing.

I'm also willing to put a coat of Zaino on it once or twice a month to keep it looking great.

Good luck with your color choice. Don't think about resale value or what other people will think. Just do what pleases you. We only live once.
Funny to notice you have been reading my thoughts. I agree every colour has its downsides, which makes deciding very difficult. After seeing a car in person, you think you are convinced. Surfing the Internet afterwards to get even more convinced often has a negative effect. You start doubting again. In my case that results in considering the safe choise: Titanium Silver. This colour doesn't have a lot of downsides, the only very important downside is that it is so extremely common and therefor boring, especially when you have already driven a Titanium Silver car for more than 6 years.

Keeping a car clean does not really influence my colour choice. Waxing my car to keep it look great doesn't bother me, I must admit I even enjoy it.

Gantra, I will definitely keep your advice in mind!
Appreciate 0