View Single Post
      05-15-2013, 04:16 PM   #1
Palmnuts
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Huracan Evo & M8 GC

Not happy

What to do eh chaps?

I've got my dream car which, despite the many problems, I do actually quite like a lot. Theres not a lot left out there that I see as a suitable alternative so I have largely found happiness with my current car.

But....and it's quite important this.....I can't bloody use it properly! Well, not Palmnuts properly anyway, which means as a daily drive for everything, at all times. For reasons I'm not going into on a public forum, it has been suggested to me from a number of sources that it is 'inappropriate' for me to use on a daily basis....read into that what you will but I am saying no more So, I either defy this 'advice' and probably do myself no favours.....or, I leave it at home for 80% of the time whilst I either car share with the missus or, I buy something else as a daily drive.

We've tried the former for the last few weeks and it's a PITA. It's also not really feasible when I have to travel for work on some days (unless I take the train, but no thanks) and she doesn't really like driving the SLS. The latter idea of buying another (3rd) car for daily use just doesn't work for me - firstly, I see little point having such a nice (and expensive) car sat doing nothing for most of it's time and in any case, I don't want to spend the majority of my time driving something thats 'average', not when I've got a supercar anyway!

So, I intimated on another thread recently that problems with SLS ownership were on the horizon and so it seems.....I have to do something.

But,
I'm not buying a third car and leaving the SLS at home
My missus has no interest in driving an SLS daily and in any case, even if she did I don't want to driver her E350 all the time

So.....I've sold it I genuinely didn't want to....the things still in Germany having it's gearbox upgrade done (which I have to say did no harm when selling it) - even a crazy guy like me wouldn't have had that done if I didn't think I could get around / avoid the issue

Damn....the end of my dream car Still, at nearly 6 months since I bought it (can't believe it's been that long already), it's one of my longer ownership periods! And at least I've had it.
Appreciate 0