View Single Post
      10-31-2019, 11:50 AM   #7
Island Road
Major
Rep
Drives: 335i

Garage List
2008 335i  [10.00]
Been away from the forums for some time now - but I’m always down for some wagon talk. While mine is not of the E9X variety it does share a N54, o wait the 3 series did not come with that. Well it’s a wagon we will leave it at that.

I did have a 335i in the past as a summer car and multiple iterations of some form of winter car. I grew tired so swapping back and forth so with the past year and a half I sold the 335i my other winter cars and grabbed a 2010 E61 Sport wagon last month build date on the assembly line. Over the course of my ownership I have mainly been making sure the car is up to date on all maintenance as the prior owner was a bit lack luster in this regard. During that time I took the liberty to update some visual aspects as well.

While I do miss having a Manual 335i to row the gears I have a better appreciation for the E61. The confront seats are amazing, the cabin interior is laid out very nice with everything heated. I enjoy my daily driving it more than any other car that I have had so far. Also the overall functionality that I have been able to take advantage of has been a huge plus. Trips are a breeze, making use of the multiple roof mounting systems is great as well not to mention it looks good doing it.

The end goal of the car is to get a little more HP in it “Waiting on single turbo install” and supporting mods and tidying up a few things such as maintenance. I would love to remove the KW V3 and install a Full air suspension, not to slam the car but functionally. During the winter months I hook up my laptop and raise the rear to max height and then adjust the front coils to Max. plus when I load the car up with people and supplies ect i find myself adjusting the rear height. Having that available at a touch of a button would be huge.

I also think the roof box is going to change this year I have been eyeing the Thule Vector but of course keeping the black and white theme. Possible selling the winter rims and getting some TE37 Reps in Bronze, need to keep things fun!

Maintenance:
Water Pump
Value Cover
Walnut Blast
Index 12 injectors
All Belts and Pulleys
OFHG
Oil Pan Gasket
Trans Cover and Gasket / Flush
NGK Plugs
NGK O2 sensors
Tie Rods end links
Motor Mounts – Filled in with 3M window sealant (Stiffens up the Mounts)
Front Upper Control Arms bushings
Front Lower Control Arms
Well Wheel Bearings
Rear Axles

Mods:
OEM M5 Front Fenders
OEM M5 front Bumper
OEM M5 Mirrors
OEM M5 Brakes and Rotors all around
KW V3 (Prior Owner)
XHP Delete

Summer Wheel Setup:
Apex EC-7 Profile 3 in Race Silver
F: 19x9.5 ET22 - MPS4S 255/40/19
R: 19x10.5 ET22 MPS4S 295/35/19

Winter Wheel Setup:
Rial Salerno in Dark Grey
F & R : 18x8 245/50/18 Blizzak WS80

Below are some pics of different setups depending in the season and Trips

City Mode

Camping Mode:

Winter Mode

08 AW 6MT | MHD | Wavetrac LSD 3.46 | AE Quad | VRSF DP'S | VRSF 7" IC | DD Hood / Diffuser| Mtech Front / Rear| BMW Performance Splitters / Spoiler | Wheels 18lb 18x9 SQ | Hexon RR550 | TFT Inlets

Last edited by Island Road; 10-31-2019 at 11:58 AM..
Appreciate 4
86Zed932.00
Torgus3781.50