12-22-2019, 09:07 PM   #21
vilord
Major
Rep
Drives: E91, Tundra, TT, SV650

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattpete13 View Post
Nice! You've got a lovely garage bay too. That's the one thing I'm missing in our current home.

I've recently been on the fence as to sell or not sell my e91. I want something with more power but don't want to do anything crazy to the touring, it's perfect just the way it is. But gosh, I test drove the X3M40i while at the dealer last week and now I'm torn. Find a cheaper high mileage e9x M3 in addition to my wagon or sell the wagon and go to the X3M40... I go back and forth everyday like an idiot.

I just love these things so much!!

Glad to see all the local touring owners coming out here.

Let's plan a meetup for spring!!
Garage was a must when I bought this place, though at the moment I can't park any cars in it... too many projects!

After the gray wagon was totaled a couple weeks ago, I went over to BMW Sudbury and test drove a 440i coupe. Wow does that thing move!
But, the steering feel is gone, and the transmission doesn't do anything I want it to do, so I ended up driving down to New Jersey and picking up the blue one.

Spent the last few days swapping to sport steering wheel and seats and old-style mirrors, and fixing random things that it needed.

In the "more power" department, I'll put in a 3-stage intake this week some time. It will still be anemic compared to any of the -40 or -35 series cars, but I don't go as fast as I used to.

A wagon meetup sounds great!

By the way, if anyone needs anything off my old wagon (an '07 in sparkling graphite) let me know, I'll be parting it out over the next couple of weeks.