Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW 328xi Wagon

Garage List
2007 BMW 328xi  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by igzekyativ View Post
i got a re-manufactured one from here http://www.torqueconverter1.com/Quick_Quotation.html

I will note, that after a year (and I don't think they all would do this) but my re-manufactured TC is having issues (I believe). The car lurches forward when I release the brake from a stop, and the car is hard to hold still at a stop (have to press the brake harder than normal to keep it still). This started to happen after 2 very hard accelerations from lights one random day. Everything way great until I did that. The shop i took it too thinks its the TC and that somehow it is gripping too much and that is why it is hard to hold still at a light. If i throw it in neutral at a stop, everything is fine.

I bought my re-manned TC for just over $300 inc shipping, $900 to install it (tried myself, but ended up having the shop do it b/c of time limitations). A new brand new TC is $2500+. So the dilemma now is do I try again for the re-manned TC and save a ton of money or go for the real deal and be out $3500...

I did email the seller b/c the re-manned TC has a 1 year warranty, but I'd have to pull the TC, send it to him, and then once he reviews it, he would let me know if he would replace it under warranty. Otherwise, I could buy another one, swap them, send it back, and he would issue a refund if it was the TC. However, shipping the TC from east to west coast probably costs as much as the TC....
Quote:
Originally Posted by R1blade75 View Post
Just revisiting this thread. Are you still having problems with your remanufactured Torque Converter after 1 year?
If you read my post above it describes the issues I've had. I have not pulled the re-manned TC and replaced it, but I want to. My car still lurches forward when I release the brake from a stop, and the car is hard to hold still at a stop (have to press the brake harder than normal to keep it still).
2007 328xi Wagon, Black Sapphire Metallic, Sports Package, Cold Weather Package, Rear PDC, Airlift kit with 3P mgmt, CF Akrym rep lip, LCI M-Tech front bumper, LUX Angel Eyes, Black Kidneys, LED Interior Lights, M3 Steering Wheel with Extended Billet DCT Paddles, 19" Staggered VMR 710's
Appreciate 0