Quote:
Originally Posted by apexit4 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruiser124 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by apexit4 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruiser124 View Post
Man the emissions system really seems overly complicated on these diesels. I watched a couple videos today to get a better understanding of how the systems work together, and basically the DPF is filtering the soot and the SCR is reducing the NOx as a result of the DPF?

I peaked under my car today and noticed the central looking muffler (SCR or DPF?) appears to have been opened up and welded back together, to gut the internals?
What do you mean by central looking muffler? The DPF is located directly behind the turbos. The only portion of the DPF youd be able to see (from underneath) is where it comes down to meet with the exhaust. And thats assuming you have the undertray off. The SCR is located under the trunk, but its all covered in heat shielding so you wouldnt be able to see it unless you first removed the exhaust and then the shielding. Is it possible you saw the cut marks on the mufflers directly behind the rear bumper?
Hmm I was looking mid car at the B pillar. I wasn't super thorough but it looked like a small rectangular muffler or resonator I guess. Car was on the ground, but I'll try to snap some pics tomorrow.
Hmm, that sounds like the resonator. Not sure why someone would cut that up (enhanced noise maybe??).

Also, I'd look into getting a replacement cover for down there if yours is missing it. It helps protect some of the components down there and they tend to help with cleaner air flow under the car (sometimes they are designed to decrease temps as well).
Yeah maybe Noise I don't know lol but it just sounds amazing.. I buy and sell cars so typically everything is for sale, but I don't know about this one.

I have yet to find another 335D locally to compare its value so I don't know exactly what it's worth, but with the mods cosmetically and mechanically, sports package, and I Drive I'd think around 10k?
Appreciate 0