View Single Post
      12-06-2018, 11:27 AM   #38
perth1
Private
Rep
Drives: E90

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe@TopGearSolutions View Post
Can be done using NCS Expert. But, it requires editing your specific FRM file, then writing (default coding) that file back to your car. Or, you can use NETTODAT coding.

I prefer not to use NETTODAT, because it changes back to 1 or 3 every time you code the FRM in the future.
Hi again,
I have tried some coding with ProTool over the last month. In a way it is coding for dummies, but it also doesn't seem to give a back-up, and doesn't tell clearly where the changes are made.

I am wondering does ProTool also change the entire trace file in the CAS, or does it only "hack' individual parameters in one selected module only? What will happen if/when NCS is used in the future? Will it overwrite coding done by ProTool?

When I recently replaced my JBBF (trying to make my rear windows work) I used ProTool to make notes (take print screens) of all the coding settings in the old JBBF before I fitted the new one. Then I looked at all the settings just after fitting the second-hand JBBF from an E90 and changing its VIN. ProTool then showed exactly the same coding values for the 'new' JBBF. My 'old' JBBF and 'new' would obviously have had some differences, so it looks like ProTool must be showing the coding values from the main trace file in CAS rather than the actual settings in each module?

Also it looks like ProTool is not listing up all the coding parameters for a module, only some selected ones?
Cheers,
Appreciate 0