View Single Post
      01-31-2023, 01:18 PM   #87
GearHead335i
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E90 335i xDrive LCI

Quote:
Originally Posted by perplexedbeemerowner View Post
As for the stuttering I have a 2007 BMW 530xi with the same problem. I took it to Aamco because I thought it was the transmission. They told me it needed plugs and coils. S0 1200 dollars later the problem is still there. So Aamco tells me the torque convertor is bad and flooded the trans with bits of metal. Okay so $5,200 to rebuild the trans. The problem is still there. I go to BMW paid for the diagnostic and other then my wiper pump and a few gasket leaks, My torque convertor is bad and my mechatronic seal is leaking. So I go back to Aamco. Now he tells me the trans is okay but he found another issue but he was busy and will call back.
Aamco is a chain, so there should be some form of recourse here. First and foremost I would stop excepting the BS that they are telling you. You were most certainly overcharged for plugs and coils. If you paid $1200 for them, even for parts and labor, that’s way too much. Next, $5200 for a transmission rebuild is absurd, especially for a car that is barely worth $5200. You could’ve just gotten a used transmission on eBay for less than $500 and had someone install it.

At the end of the day if I put myself in your situation I would march back into AAMCO and tell them to either rebuild your transmission once again, because obviously the work they did was shotty at best if the torque converter is already bad and they obviously installed the Mechatronic sleeve incorrectly. If they refuse or try and tell you some other BS tell them you can’t have any more communication with them and that your lawyer will be reaching out as you will be taking them to small claims court to get your $5200 back.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but I hate when mechanics, or anyone for that matter, try and take advantage of people. Good luck man
Appreciate 0