View Single Post
      02-06-2023, 03:37 PM   #88
perplexedbeemerowner
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW 530xi

shuddering, juttering, whatever they call it

My 2007 530xi would stutter once warmed up and around 2500 RPM. I had the sparkplugs and coils changed, the solenoids changes, the transmission rebuilt and a replaced torque converter because the new one was defective.
When I went to BMW for diagnostic (Now it's at AAMCO) they tome me of leaking seals and bad torque converter. That's 2 days after I got it back from AAMCO. They mentioned in their diagnostic that the "transfer Case" should get a fluid change however... FLUID CHANGE MAY RESULT IN TRANSFER CASE FAILURE.... WHAT?? Every site I go to tells me to change the fluid after so many miles. I bought this boat anchor December 24th. and had it in my possession for 12 days total. The rest of the time it's been at BMW, AAMCO, and the local garage where I started this journey.
Today AAMCO tells le it might be my transfer case. Why not? It's the only thing not replaced or rebuilt. He said when it was disconnected the car ran with no stutters or jutters. It ran smooth. So now what? Another $3,000.00 into this car? Since I bought it for $3,200.00 I've put in $11,000.00 dollars and counting. Washer pump still doesn't work and CV Boot is torn. SO there you have it. It's the transfer case. The only thing I didn't fix or replace so I narrowed it down. Hope it helps someone
Appreciate 0