08-02-2017, 12:11 PM   #32
Dackelone
European Editor
Germany
Rep
Drives: N54 e82

Quote:
Originally Posted by oceanview View Post
^^^^ Dear welcome visitors you should really take the speed limits for serious over here!
They will send you also to prison if indicated, just as those UK guys.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...land-race.html

All of the nice alp drives are well know by the local police. The know exactly where people drive fast. You can bet, that they are somewhere waiting for speeders!
Be careful, they even camouflage the radar stations, so you can hardly see them. Oh, and if you see the light, you didn't win

Also be careful with those radar at traffic lights. Many of them also catch you for speeding, not only for red light passing. (in the City of Zurich, all of them in the meantime)

Very good advice!

After visiting this year's Geneva Motor Show... I promptly switch on my cruise control to the 120 kph speed limit(set to my GPS real speed!)... and I was Blitzed! I couldn't believe it. Right after that... I set my speed to 118 kph set via my GPS. I still haven't received the ticket... but I think the Swiss have one year to send it to cars with German plates. ?

Name:  Blitzer Schweiz autobahn blitzer 288598115--1-.JPG
Views: 866
Size:  42.6 KB

Also in and around the Geneva area... those Blitzers in the medium can be turned... so one time they can scan one side of the highway... and then they can "turn" the camera to "watch" the other side traffic. Very clever you Swiss guys!

Blitz'd @0:23 secs...

What I can't understand is WHY are the Swiss so crazy when it comes to speeders? Why?

In Germany it is so cheap IF you get caught speeding. Really the Germans only go "crazy" IF you are speeding inside city limits(only 50 kph limit or less) or in a construction area on the Autobahn.

Also.. Why are the Swiss so interested in high performance cars IF they are so anti-car and anti-speeding in their "laws". I see a ton or Audi RS7s and M3's when I travel to CH. And I also see a lot of old classic American cars with big V8's.

I remember driving around the Bodensee(Lake Constance) on the Swiss side... and driving past a "Sound Blitzer"... it was measuring the loudness of your exhaust! It had green/yellow/red LEDs on a strip/sign and a camera. WTF!! I remember when Porsche raced in Montecarlo... and how they would have to drive some secret way into France from Stuttgart to avoid the Swiss Police bc their race cars had straight pipes on them! I wonder which pass they used?

And lastly... WHY is everything so expensive in Switzerland? Does every job pay three or four times more there? An 0.5liter bottle of Coke is 5 CHF(in German it costs 1.60 euros) and a cheap hotel room is 130 CHF(in German it would be 65 euros). I remember in Geneva a doner kebab sandwich was 21 CHF. I love your country but the prices really put me off.

I just came back from Switzerland this week... I wanted to stop for lunch... went into some small village in the mountains... and their lunch special was 38 CHF! For lunch! I was like Nope... I'm gonna drive into Italy... bit first I will by me some cheap Swiss fuel(compared to Italy's 2 euro a liter prices!!) and a snack at the gas station.

Dackel
Appreciate 0