View Single Post
      03-18-2024, 11:34 AM   #14
Beasters
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW 335ix 6 Speed Manual

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmckmc View Post
I routinely run ethanol tune with e40-45 on stock fuel pumps and turbo...Amazing difference in power. Over e45 and the low pressure pump will give up.
So I haven’t changed the tune at all since my previous log. Today was pretty cold compared (like 35 degrees out this morning) compared to the first log I posted earlier in this thread (probably around 60 degrees)

I did a hard 2nd gear WOT pull when I wasn’t logging of course and the car built boost and took off no problem but shortly after maybe around 5k rpm fell flat on it face.

I had no power at all but had no check engine light pop up on the dash or anything. Car was running really rough at idle.

Got to a stop light and turned the car off and back on and everything went back to normal. I checked the codes with MHD and I had 3 new codes

29DC - DME: Cylinder injection cutout.
2C77 - DME: Oxygen sensor after catalytic converter: Signal.
2C78 - DME: Oxygen sensor 2 after catalytic converter: Signal.

I reset these codes and restarted the car and all adaptations and everything seems back to normal.

I did a very short 3rd gear pull and let off pretty early just to be careful. Here the short log. I’ve read that these codes could mean that the HPFP is going out?

Please let me know your thoughts guys.
Thanks!

https://datazap.me/u/beasters/log-17...og=0&data=3-21
Attached Images

Appreciate 0