View Single Post
      03-15-2018, 03:43 PM   #67
Unklejoe
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335i

[EDIT]: Still on the original HPFP. I'm just waiting for that to go bad.

Sorry for the late response. I hardly have time to check the forums anymore.

When I last posted in November of 2017, I had 183,000 miles.

Now I have a little over 193,000 miles.

The only thing that has happened since then was that my HVAC blower motor went bad. I replaced it with one of the $60 ones from Rock Auto. It took about 20 minutes. Unfortunately, the replacement went bad in about 1 week.

So, I decided to order the $80 one from Rock Auto... hopefully this one lasts a little longer.

At the end of the day, I'm sure I'll be forced to order an OEM one and end up spending more than if I had just done that in the first place...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiM3 View Post
I am curious what oil you have been running and if you used the same oil consistently over the 183,000 miles.
I've been running Mobil 1 0w40 since I bought the car with ~40k miles. I change it about every 10,000 miles. Also, I've been using OEM filters the whole time since they come with new O-rings and a washer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bours View Post
Thats one hell of a reliable car you got there !!!

You are still on original radiator ? Original coolant hoses ? What about coils ?!
All original coils.

Upper radiator hose was replaced, but that was more of a preventative thing. I had a leaking oil filter housing gasket for a while which was leaking on to the belt, which ended up flinging oil on to the upper radiator hose. The oil caused the hose to swell (but not leak), so I replaced it just in case.

I also replaced the radiator, but not because it went bad. I had a cracked water pump (the plastic housing on the front) and thought the leak was coming from the radiator, so I ordered the replacement. Then, when I removed the bottom panel, I noticed that the radiator was fine, but since I already had the replacement, I installed it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dleccord View Post
Isn’t this the same transmission on N54’s? If so theyre pretty reliable, no?
Yes, same transmission. I'm not the most abusive driver, but I have done many WOT pulls with the car, and the transmission has never given me an issue. I've also done some bad things to it during the process of making my own map (via xHP).
Appreciate 0