View Single Post
      06-26-2018, 05:00 PM   #16
Noir
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 E90 330i 6MT

I have my headers.. a resonator in the middle of an xpipe-esque setup, and I have remus 335i quads with the inner pipes baffled.

With the burble tune, it was very easy to produce the sound you're looking for and then if I floored it to red and let off, I had the sound of a gun shot produced lmao... 330i came with an "overrun" (burble for those w/ the tune) feature. And I still get that burble effect, just not as crazy.
(still get the "shot" like HBO OnDemand.)
So I'm just rolling w/ an oem feature.

Incidentally I think I may have over did myself with letting a fellow driver know I was there with my blinkers on as they proceeded to speed match me in the lane I wanted to get in, then when I went in with my plans, I must've developed a slight exhaust leak to the resonator, it sounds wicked right now, hahaha...

So if it's all custom, be careful, as said by aM above, trial and error... keep up w/ it.

But just know, with everything pretty much gone in the front minus a fancy resonator and a halfway plugged up quad system, the car will be loud. And if you don't have a cold start delete and you have some sensitive neighbors, you will be stared at and if you got some nitpicky laws about loud exhausts, well, that's at their discretion...