04-07-2017, 06:26 PM   #20
E85 335
First Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: BMW 2006 E92 335i Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by physicxz View Post
I tried to flash this tonight without having read the prior issues of the flash. I can say that this has been a hassle thus far.

You need to make a mandatory backup of your TCU file which takes about 30-40 min. Once that's been done you can purchase a license for the ability to flash custom and OTS maps. The OTS maps are for separate purchase to the license to flash and the maps themselves are priced separately (Stage 1, 2 and 3).

This is where it went pear shaped. I attempted to download the OTS stage 3 map then flash and the flash failed unexpectedly about 25% in, an error within the app. The car is in a bit of a hung state and the app refuses to reflash on top of this. I've reset the TCU via the additional options tab and tried to restore the flash to my original backup. This ALSO fails, similarly to how the OTS map failed.

I've reached out to xHP for support on this and will pick this up again tomorrow morning. I might try migrate the backup to a separate android device and test to see if this is possibly device/android firmware related?
Did you have it in airplane mode on the phone? This has to be done when flashing
Aussie e92 335i. Pure Stage 2 Twin Turbos, Pure Performance Motorsport's Forge Conrods and Pistons, Fuel-it Port Injection, 7.5" Step-Up intercooler, Fuel-it Stage 3 LPFP upgraded fuel lines, Tial 50mm BOV, TFT RHD Inlets, MHD Custom Wedge E70 Map, Split Second PI controller, BMS OCC, PRP Coil Kit, AR Design 3" Catless DP, Remus Dual 2.5" system with 84mm quad tips, RB PCV valve, CSF Radiator
Appreciate 0