View Single Post
      09-26-2017, 02:36 PM   #107
9krpmrx8
Clean is the new cool, keep it that way.
Rep
Drives: 11' Alpine White 335i Sedan

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundguy1 View Post
Military family. We all do as did the former ranger now Steelers player who was the lone player on the field for the national anthem.
So you're not a veteran, so you don't shit about sacrificing for your country so that people have the right to kneel during a song if they want to. And Alejandro Villanueva exercised his right, and he defended his team mates who exercised theirs so you don't know jack shit.

Quote:
Villanueva insists he was not, that saluting the colors had everything to do with miscommunication and nothing to do with him setting himself apart from the organization, the coaches or the players who have helped craft his improbable success story.

"It's a very embarrassing part on my end," Villanueva said on Monday. "When everyone sees images of me standing by myself, everybody thinks the team and the Steelers are not behind me and that is absolutely wrong. It's quite the opposite."

Villanueva also defended NFL players who opted not to stand during the anthem.

“What people don’t understand is ... we’re not talking about the same thing,” the 29-year-old athlete told reporters. “People who are taking the knee, they’re not saying anything negative about the military … [or] about the flag. They’re just trying to protest the fact that there are some injustices in America.”
Appreciate 0