neilvan
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: 09 E90 335i M-Sport 6MT RWD

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by edycol View Post
So, when I say I can take on Miata successfully I mean stock or just slightly modified. Now, going some serious stuff, that is another story. And I see a lot of them here and it is impossible to keep up with them in corners particularly.
Cooling wise, here it is impossible to do anything even remotely fun without radiator type oil cooler. Just ask unsuspecting VW GTI owner. I run 335 oil cooler and considering the fact that N52 doesn't have turbo, it is an overkill, but that is what you want here.
IMO 128 should be perfect track car. I might actually get myself one just for that. Strip down everything to bare bones, do some engine modifications and just enjoy.
If you have long tracks(straights) then ya I can totally believe that. Having a stock miata (116hp) to current (best guess is 400-420) its a change. The stock was fun in the corners but straight away's you'd basically wave at everyone flying by you.

We are 75m above (250ft ish) so cooling is less of an issue vs tire temps. Even my track car has an ebay all alu rad and a (relatively)dinky oil cooler which is almost overkill

If I were to do it again a 128 manual trans +manual seat sport pack would be a good all around option. M3/330i bolt ons and you have a fairly cheap reliable car to toss around. Whats a manual 128? 3100lbs?
Appreciate 0