Major
Rep
Drives: 2011 328i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by neilvan View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by edycol View Post
Mine is xDrive, so add 200lbs.
xenon, sport seats etc, but non-idrive (purposely).
I had to go xDrive as I ski 1-2 times a week, so it is very fun car driving to ski resorts here in the Rockies, especially on local roads.
I added oil cooler from 335, M3 wishbones, polyurethane subframe bushings, Bilstein B6, and now getting ready to install front brakes from F30 335, and rear from 135.
I already have euro intake (I am from Bosnia, found one there for $50 and my brother sent me here ). Then three stage intake, possibly MILVS, and will see about headers. I might. I also drive kids in this and do not want to be that asshole in front of the school and daycare. But will see, maybe catless headers but leave secondary cat in.
My brother is a real estate agent so ya it still had to be classy(ish). Even in canada with snows the rwd+snows does surprisingly well but we get less than you im sure. the secondary cat delete and 330i muffler are louder but still oem sound(you could even go a touch louder and still not be in "exhaust" territory)

My E61 5series wagon winter beater has the x-drive and is surprisly good but they lack the suspension mod/upgrades that the rwd cars do which suck. Also the very limited front suspension travel is a killer
So tightening rear suspension got understeer to the point to not feel bad. But snow on a side, and climate here is actually really nice as there is a lot if sun, problem is serious up and down configuration. I ski local resorts and some of them don't have paved parking lots. Often xDrive has to work hard to get out after day of skiing in snowy weather regardless of winter tires. So RWD was not an option.
But, on track it is fast through curves as xDrive keeps it planted enough to do controlled sliding without oversteer. I had several guys with RWD 328 trying to keep up in curves and they can't. On straight they are not that much lighter to make up distance.
Appreciate 0