View Single Post
      10-04-2021, 11:49 AM   #60
fleetfoot
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 M2, 2013 E92 328i

I had my 3rd and 4th track days over the weekend at Atlanta Motorsport Park, which is a counter-clockwise circuit. I started the day with 8/32" of tread left on my Michelin Pilot Sport 4S tires, which are 6 months old and have 1 track day on them at Road Atlanta (clockwise circuit). On the second day at AMP, I started getting some vibration from the front passenger tire, and after the session we discovered excessive wear on the front passenger tire along with cupping. The other three tires looked good. I swapped the front wheels, and the vibration issue resolved itself. Could shoulder wear lead me to need to replace the tires even if the rest of the tread is still deep (7/32")?

I'm wondering if there are any easy changes I could make to reduce the likelihood of this type of tire wear in the future. I'm currently running 34/36(cold) 39/42(hot) front/rear tire pressure. I have M3 control arms and camber up front is -1.2 degrees. Gran Turismo East (track-focused alignment shop) told that's the best the most they could do on front camber.

I am considering moving to a 245 square tire setup with Apex EC-7 wheels once these tires are worn out so I could start rotating tires. Should I also look into camber plates? Any additional suspension upgrades that might help?

This is the passenger tire that was cupping, but it doesn't look as bad now that I moved it to the driver side:
Attached Images

Last edited by fleetfoot; 10-04-2021 at 01:18 PM.. Reason: added photos
Appreciate 0