Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: F90 M5

Garage List
2009 BMW 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by vp fiberglass View Post
The "MOST jacket" that Technic is referring to is there. It's the housing plugged in to the MOST connector on the amp in the picture. It's kind of a mating adaptor, but the inner 2-pin housing is the same. You'll need to remove the 2-pin FO connector from the Mobridge "MOST Jacket" and insert it into that housing before it will plug in to the amp.

The 20 pin connector to provide power to the amp is still intact in the car. Here's a pic of your amp rack:

[ removed link ]

The L7 20 pin connector is in down in the cavity forward (towards the wheel well) of the DA2. Just unplug that from the Technic connector, plug it in to the L7 amp, plug the MOST connector in to the L7 amp and you should be good to go.
thanks Tom!

ah yes, I see now that the MOST jacket is there and I can remove it from the L7 amp (didn't realize that is what was referred to as the jacket). also found a MOST network cable in the box of manuals you gave me and think I see how it comes together or at least it's making a bit more sense now. will see what I can do when I get back to the shop with the L7 amp.
Appreciate 0