09-22-2013, 10:44 PM   #11
Bigugly
sheesh!
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by fazman View Post
I try to change my oil every 7500 miles to 10k miles, I can actually hear the change in the engine sound when the motor oil reaches closer to 10k miles. I know we use about 7 qts of oil and I personally feel that 1k mile/qt is very good time frame of usage for almost any kind of synthetic.

If I do the discount oil changes every 7,500-10,000 miles, I'm basically doing 2 changes for every recommended interval. Should be fine for almost any motor. Also, I agree... if you can't see them doing the work... then it was probably never done or done poorly. I don't really have the space or time to get under the car myself and do a proper oil change on my car (Other wise I would just buy a bulk bag of oil filters and get some Mobil 1 5W-30 LL01 from Walmart and change the oil myself every 5k miles).

I don't plan to keep the car forever, but as long as I make the effort and have records at my dealership of the work being done (early none the less)... then the car will retain perceived re-sale value when I do sell the car in the future.

- Faz
I agree on that, i tell my customers 7500 miles between oil changes.
BUT like i was saying, you dont know *what* oil your actually getting.

and I prefer liqui moly (LL04) over mobil-1 (personal preference and oil analysis)
Appreciate 0