12-14-2015, 10:07 PM   #11
Riick
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conti. View Post
if you want more camber up front get some adjustable camber plates. you can increase the camber for track days and revert to less camber for daily driving. Just get an alignment with both setups and have them mark the camber plates.

to me the tires and brakes were the 2 things that needed to be addressed the most after a track day. the oem pads started fading very quickly after a few laps. these were 20min sessions and only got worse throughout the day. you could feel the brakes struggling to stop the car later on.

these cars have a lot of weight behind them to so wide tires, not just wheels, will help grip the most within the corners. granted i was on pos run flats at the time, limits were reached very quick and early. the front didn't like to hold so well. i didn't have any rear sliding issues though, even with all traction and stability off.
I had DCT on (short DCT button push, light on dash) and zero rear end instability. I've owned nothing but RWD cars I was expecting it to at least slide out a little, I was trying. Nope. Just the the famous e90 understeer. Of course I'm also short quite some HP compared to you also.

Doing some reading from the AutoX guys, ECS tuning recommends swapping just the rear sway bar the M3 part to fix a lot of the understeer on the E90. Just search for "e90 understeer" and get ready to receive a library of results.

I don't want to go nuts on mods. Nobody is racing, there's nothing to win, no lap times to set. I just want it to stop and corner without any drama from the demands of doing two or three 20 minute sessions around a road course every few months.

Last edited by Riick; 12-14-2015 at 10:18 PM..
Appreciate 0