View Single Post
      12-14-2015, 11:06 PM   #14
warmmilk
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by The HACK View Post
Bet you $100 you will never drive a single session in an HPDE.

I know this type all too well. "Gotta set up my car for HPDE. It'll need camber. Yeah. I'll need big brakes. The tires are no good. The suspension needs a refresh. I can't keep up with the C7 Corvettes. Gotta get roll bars, harnesses, and seats, because, you know, safety. And oh race car."

I know because I used to be one.

You know what your car needs? A helmet. Because it's not the car that needs work to get on track. It's you.

That car you have, in its current form, is 1,000x more capable than you as a driver. You are the weakest link now, so unless you get a helmet and start attending HPDEs to learn the fine-art of going around in a circle (that includes left and right turns) very, VERY fast, there's nothing you can physically do to your car to make it more "ready than it already is.
haha, well aren't you a delight...

if you look just a couple posts above yours he says himself he doesn't wanna go nuts on mods... (sorry, I really wanted to use that emoji )

that why I told him he only needs fresh brake fluid and make sure he has at least 1/2 of his pad material still there. The other stuff I suggested as the first things to look into as he progresses as a driver. As far as the M3 arms (or the SuperPro's), if his bushings are bad, that also something that should be replaced before going on the track... and getting the "more camber" arms for those isn't a big deal... if he does track regularly, he has more camber, if he doesn't its only .75 more, not exactly earth shattering...
Appreciate 0