View Single Post
      05-16-2019, 12:35 PM   #17
martinm0
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 335i RWD 6MT Sport

Carly Coding - Deactivate Comfort Access

I'm sure this is not your issue, but I recently had the CA is my new to me 335i stop working entirely. The original owner indicated that CA has always been intermittent (I think he had door handles replaced).

Right from the get go the car had been showing the battery icon on the car. It was a second vehicle and not driven much by the original owner, and the battery in the car was original. I could see that the CA behaved most of the time if the car was driven and charged up. Other times when it was sitting, it would not work.

This week I put a new OEM AGM battery into the car, and still no CA. Neither of the keys would work, and neither door handle worked, which was strange from my previous usage over the few weeks I've had the car.

Last weekend I borrowed a friend's Carly adapter and coded in some basic things like windows close with FOB, door lock, and CA buttons. I went back and looked at the settings yesterday and I recalled seeing the option "DEACTIVATE COMFORT ACCESS" in the list and the default setting was OFF. In the process of coding the window control, I believe I saw this and changed it to ON (since the setting is called DEACTIVATE CA, I presumed ON = deactivated, and OFF = active). I changed the setting back to ON and the CA started working perfectly again.

I emailed this to Carly last night in hopes they might update the settings to be more clear. But if you've done any coding with Carly, just make sure you didn't change this setting to OFF.
Appreciate 0