View Single Post
      12-29-2023, 11:25 AM   #15
LapyBimmerPost
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW E90 335d, F15 X5d, E53 X5

For others who find this thread and read to the end I wanted to add a few key learnings to the steps after following this for my 2011 335d:

Step 4/5: Trunk black plate is not welded in but feels like it if you start by just removing the in trunk 10mm nuts; just follow the steps to drop the muffler to remove the SCR 16mm nuts AND remove one of the cable tray 10mm Z bracket nuts from underneath (passenger side), so you don’t break the plastic attachment point on the tray. I didn’t understand how the cable support tray bracket bolted to the trunk black pan and forced it. SCR tank bolt support nuts were 16mm on my vehicle (not 17mm)

Step 8: I couldn’t figure out how to remove the sensor basket. I ended up watching a YouTube video of someone doing a Touareg to see that you need a small CCW turn to free the basket. Also here, pay attention to the top mounting orientation with either the yellow dot or arrows to markings on the SCR tank so that alignment going back together is understood.

I know the thread is old but it is still relevant. Now there is also the option of using the Bosch part: F01C600301 which is what I purchased (from RM European Auto Parts) as it was less expensive than the VW named parts.
Appreciate 1
POBEP367.00