View Single Post
      07-01-2018, 10:47 AM   #6
LaChewy
United_States
Rep
Drives: '07 e90 n52 130k

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnintyToo View Post
If the car is stored in a place with electricity, connect a battery maintainer (NOT a trickle charger!) to the under-hood terminals and let the car sit until you get back. What probably happened was the car was under-driven and killed the battery. Next time, search on E90 post for the hundreds of threads on how to store a car for long term, which is basically pump up the tires to full rated pressure (found on the sidewall), fill the fuel tank full and add the proper amount of stabilizer to the gasoline, and connect a battery maintainer and... just let it sit.

Now for a battery maintainer, get one that can restore the battery to an operational state, i.e. de-sulfate the battery. Granite Digital has such a device.

Good luck with it.

Thanks. I did do a search of the 'hundreds of threads'. I took every step I could find. I even changed the spark plugs.

Nothing said to keep the car charging as I had a guy to drive it every so often. I'm at the mercy of a man that is on the other side of the world to drive my car. I I don't really have too much control over how often he drives it and evidently he hasn't been.

I have another month until I am home. It's just sitting still waiting for a radiator replacement and I suppose a new battery?

Do you think the battery is ruined?

This absolutely blows as I had the car detailed and put a couple hundred dollars into preventative measures (including a nice vanilla air freshener) so that I'd have a turn key car when I got home. Imagine back to the future when Morty gets back to his truck... that's what I had in mind. Now I'm going to have a headache.
Appreciate 0