Garage List
2006 BMW 325xi  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by mweisdorfer View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by nsjames View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by vilord View Post
Trans fluid change done by Eurotech in Natick, MA.

Shifts *much* better. Apparently old fluid was quite bad, and about a quart less than it should've been. 105K on the GM trans.
Not sure if I should be worried about the 'missing' fluid, though 1 quart in 100k miles / 11 years isn't too bad.

RE Eurotech: Great shop, happy with the service, and they seemed to be careful about covid transfer, changing gloves between cars, wrapping the steering wheel with plastic wrap. Can't remember who on here recommended them, but happy with it!

In the garage I've been busy with this thing... new tires, new seats, new headlight, rebuilt front shocks, swapped handlebars, new tail tuck, new turn signals, oil, coolant, filter changes... would've ridden today except for the snow.
I wouldn't be too worried. Cut the service interval to 50K for fluid changes though. It will be happier.
mine's due right now, after just 3 years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barrique91 View Post
Perfect time to...... Will be selling lci halogen headlights with lux lights within the next month. Pm me if you aren't in a hurry to buy.
so I have a broken headlamp and I need to open it up for funsies.
care to share the tips on how you separated that lens from the housing?
Very carefully. Heat gun helps. You will probably need a dremmel.

You will need some sort of water proof sealant when you put it back together.

DONT TOUCH ANY OF THE SILVER/ CHROME PLATING IN THERE. you will be 🤬, if you do.

Honestly, if you can fork over $400.00 for a used one, in very good condition, it's worth the time & money.

This isn't a fun DIY, and it's stressful.
Did not see your reply but you are very right. I find this DIY fun for most of it. This is probably because I have no deadline for it so I can take a break when I feel like I want to give up. It's definitely tedious. I have a spare parts headlight for the drivers side so it makes me feel better about possibly breaking something.