View Single Post
      05-24-2021, 08:33 PM   #66
Ten-Zing
Private
Rep
Drives: 2010 335i x-drive MT

Yes, the car runs much better now. It feels like a new tune just switching from brand new Eldor coils / brand new Index 12 injectors to the B58's.

I would like to see what it takes to pull the entire wire loom. I looked at it a bit and just went for it without removing it. But yes, putting it on a bench to solder would be the move in my opinion. I would recommend cutting all the connectors and pulling the plugs out first, then put the plates in place and mock the coils into place. Then determine all the wire lengths you will need each new plug to be. Then remove harness, solder, replace and plug in.

Just another FYI to those doing installs, I was able to get cylinders 1-4 plates on without an issue. But for cylinders 5&6 I had to loosen the wire harness holding plate to wiggle the plates under it.

I will get some pics when I decide to put the air filter back in place. I'm at the point now where replacing it and the engine cover seem pointless. The coils also do look good sitting there as well.

Thanks
Appreciate 0