Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: a slow 2009 e90 335i

Garage List
2009 e90 335i  [3.20]
Quote:
Originally Posted by driverman View Post
It will continue to increase no matter who is elected. There's is no way either guy can produce a balanced budget while we are still in a recession.

And why did the debt increase so much during Obama's 4 years? Because it took a lot of money to bail out the financial institutions to prevent a complete financial collapse, an effort that began under Bush. A situation that would have never happened if there wasn't so much pressure to deregulate, that the conservatives are so fond of doing.

And it takes a lot of money to pay for Bush's wild spending during his 8 years. And it takes a lot of money to stimulate the economy while at the same making structural improvements that will improve the long term prospects.

Most economists believe that you have to TEMPORARILY increase spending to TEMPORARILY boost the economy until things improve. That's exactly what Obama has done. And things are improving, albeit slowly.
You missed the point. Obama said he would reduce the National Debt and Bush was irresponsible with spending and the post wanted proof. Your arguments are irrational at best. I hope your personal finances follow a different methodology and practice. GL

BMWCCA member