02-08-2006, 12:11 PM   #1
icedragon
guardian of ice and snow
Rep
Drives: 128i, 325i

Garage List
06 325xi  [0.00]
Unhappy HELP! Front bumper damaged

Hey guys. It was snowing the other day and my mom was about to go out. Concerned for her safety, I told her to drive my 325xi since I thought the X-drive would help in the snow. Anyhoo, when she came home, she told me she accidentally bumped into the back of a Honda Accord Fortunately, she and the Accord driver suffered no injuries. The bimmer and Accord showed no apparent signs of damage, so the SUPER-NICE Accord driver just let the incident go. *th-up*
Unfortunately, the bimmer was very dirty that day so it was hard to see any damage. After I washed it today, I noticed that on the front bumper, there are 2 areas that are pinched up and 1 area that's dented.

Here are some pics. It's hard to clearly see the damage because the Monaco Blue hides it a bit, so I circled it in red.

So how should I repair this? I will be covering the repair costs myself so an affordable solution would be great. I have no intention of informing my mom as I don't want to make her feel guilty.

Option 1: Does anyone know a shop that does bumper repairs? However, I'm not sure if the pinches can be easily removed because the front bumper is made of plastic (not metal).
If the front bumper can be repaired, I would add a front lip to the bumper. Any suggestions?

Option 2: Does anyone know a shop that sells replica bumpers? I think the cost of repair would be high, so maybe I'm better off buying a new bumper and getting it painted.

A replica E90 M-sport bumper wouldn't be too bad.

I'd appreciate any other suggestions. Thanks.

Last edited by icedragon; 02-08-2006 at 03:12 PM..
Appreciate 0