View Single Post
      05-31-2020, 01:13 AM   #116
Z06Luke
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2010 X5 35D

Awesome write-up! I completed the process start-to-finish today.

The one part that I couldn't get working was connecting to a network share using "fs-cifs". Instead I backed up the hbmedia & hbdebug folders to the virtual hard drive of the QNX VM.

I also couldn't get removable storage working, as it doesn't appear that the QNX OS is compatible with an NTFS file system. If there were a workaround here, it would be helpful to transfer music files to the SSD rather than wait the multiple hours that it will take to import via the USB port in the vehicle.

For those of you who have gotten network storage attached to the QNX VM, what file system was it running? Is anyone else aware of any other ways to transfer data from a Windows file system (either directly or indirectly) via QNX?

EDIT: It's a bit hacky, but I realized that if I created an ISO with all of my music in it that I could then pass that ISO into the QNX VM as a virtual CD & transfer my data in that fashion. This is much better than waiting for 20+ GB to trickle through the USB port in the glove box.

Last edited by Z06Luke; 05-31-2020 at 02:38 AM..
Appreciate 0