11-12-2015, 09:58 PM   #7
Jozy
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Singapore
Rep
Drives: R32 GTR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamhuck View Post
Hi all. Sorry for reviving such an old thread, but I don't have enough posts to start a new one yet.

I'm a proud new owner of a 2008 E92 335i, completely stock, around 40,000km. Had some questions about insurance and govt inspection for modded cars. I've read through most of the HK forum already, but can't seem to find a good answer...

What do insurance companies and also govt inspections think of:
- ECU tunes (eg jb4, cobb)
- intakes, FMICs
- chargepipe, BOV/DV
- catted DPs and cat-back exhausts
- brake/suspension changes

Actually, what I'm most worried about is insurance not paying for a claim if I they find out I've modified my car. Does anyone have any experience to share?

Also last question: has anyone actually passed an emissions test with catted high-flow DPs (such as ultimate racing catted DPs or AR design catted DPs)

Thanks!!
welcome. this HK forum is pretty dead. i just happened to stop by and will answer your questions.

What do insurance companies and also govt inspections think of:
- ECU tunes (eg jb4, cobb)
> no problem
- intakes, FMICs
> no problem
- chargepipe, BOV/DV
> no problem
- catted DPs and cat-back exhausts
> catted no problem, you pass visually but still have to pass the smog test
- brake/suspension changes
> suspension no problem. brakes are tricky. if you use an adapter or in hk, what they call a "bridge", then you will not pass. keep your original brakes and during the annual MOT, swap it out for the inspection.

Actually, what I'm most worried about is insurance not paying for a claim if I they find out I've modified my car. Does anyone have any experience to share?
> no problem about the vehicle. more important is the state of you as a person. drink driving? no pay.

Also last question: has anyone actually passed an emissions test with catted high-flow DPs (such as ultimate racing catted DPs or AR design catted DPs)
> see above. but fitting DPs on RHD seems to be quite a nightmare from what i've heard.

enjoy your n54